Overlandish Base Camp vs Shiftpod III vs Russian Bear UP5 | Page 2 | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Overlandish Base Camp vs Shiftpod III vs Russian Bear UP5

I'm curious on the longevity of these sort of things. For example that Overlandish tent, that seems to have the smallest stored size. How many times can you open and close that up before it starts to fail?

Just noticed Overlandish says they are a California company, but they have a 305 phone number listed on their site? hmmmmmm

Still showing presale with 6-8 weeks of delivery. I think that's down, I seem to remember that showing 10-12 weeks. So that could be a good thing.

Don't they know when they are getting stock? I mean did you try calling them and getting an idea of when things would be delivered?

I did, Overlandish, doesn't respond. ShiftPod responded in 2 days, and Russian tent people responded right away with their chat on their website. Honestly prefer the Shiftpod if they had stock.

Interesting, set up is key. Unless I'm missing something the stored away size for the Overlandish seems to be the smallest here.

Nope you got it correctly. But the only thing I'm on the fence about is the height of this tent. So all these companies have pros and cons. I don't like the camo design with the Russian tent. Although everything else I love. Shiftpod just doesn't have any inventory and height is the only thing about the Overlandish one.

Have any of you tested how these tents fair in hot weather? It's still winter here, but summer is around the corner.

I'd go with which ever I could stand up inside.
hey Ryan

Mark here from overlandish, our v2 just came out and we are so stoked on it!

Has a height of 6’9” inside and a corner to corner length of 11’8” with a pack down size of 4’11”

We chose a pu5000 Oxford material so it’s awesomely waterproof and super durable. We have some pretty cool windows on there too!

Our website is www.overland-ish.com and IG is @overland.ish hit us up!

Just noticed Overlandish says they are a California company, but they have a 305 phone number listed on their site? hmmmmmm
Hey there! Yeah it’s something I’ve been meaning to change, I’m from Miami and have been living in socal since 2012. The company is newish and I’ve been super slammed trying to get the v2’s in stock which they are now. Our new number is (562) 232-9907

Nope you got it correctly. But the only thing I'm on the fence about is the height of this tent. So all these companies have pros and cons. I don't like the camo design with the Russian tent. Although everything else I love. Shiftpod just doesn't have any inventory and height is the only thing about the Overlandish one.
The new height of the v2 is 6’9”

Someone resurrected an old thread! But thanks for chiming in, would have been great to hear from you earlier this year BEFORE I bought. I ended up buying the Russian Bear UP 5. As much as I didn't like the camo color, it kind of grows on you.

BTW can you use a wood stove in yours?

Someone resurrected an old thread! But thanks for chiming in, would have been great to hear from you earlier this year BEFORE I bought. I ended up buying the Russian Bear UP 5. As much as I didn't like the camo color, it kind of grows on you.

BTW can you use a wood stove in yours?
It’s ok I just wasn’t on this forum and found it on accident.

No wood heater, I’ll leave that to Russian bear, we have our own special features, also our price may be low but our quality is as good as the best.