Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot review | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot review

Owen Hart

I was originally over at Walmart looking to see what they had for cot style tents, which wasn't much. I wanted to see about getting one of these Kamp-Rite cot tents. The big one, which I believe they just call "Oversize". The Walmart guy told me to sign up on this website and ask in the forum. So I hope I'm doing this right. If not, admin feel free to move or edit this post as needed. Thank you.

What I want to know is how comfortable is this cot tent? There are a zillion cot tents out there, and I'm not looking for something that is cheap, I want comfortable and ideally something easy to set up. Kamp Rite has been around for a long time, which is why I started my search here. If you can share anything on this thing, that would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Owen

My brother has a few cot tents that he uses. I have personally never slept in one of these. I have sat on one drinking a beer around a campfire. But that was only because my brother sat in my chair and only thing left to sit on was his cot tent. I will say, which ever one that was, it was comfortable. He had rigged up an awning over it as well as there was rain in the forecast. I'll check with him later to see what brand that thing was.

OH man, do I have a tip for you! It's a little pricey compared to the other options, but such amazing quality! "Oztent Bunker Pro". Highly recommend this brand, they have been around for awhile:

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 6.58.03 AM.png