How are you mounting your iPad Air in your overlanding rigs dash? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How are you mounting your iPad Air in your overlanding rigs dash?

OffGrid

As many of you know, I have a 2018 TRD Pro. Up till this point, my iPad Air that I use for navigation is head to the dash with suction cup. But it keeps falling off! So annoying. I need some keep this secure on my dash, even while going Offroad and going over bumps. Can you help me out please?

Thank you!

Mike

I'm from the Jeep side of things. I currently have the Bulletpoint gear in my Jeep, but hate it. Santa is supposed to be getting me the system from 67 designs. Google them. A lot of the Jeep peeps I know have their system. This website even recommended them in an article a few months ago. I'm pretty sure they will have something for you truck as well.

Oh damn, I'm not sure what brand mine is. Mine was a off brand system I found on Amazon a few years ago. Even if I could remember the name, I wouldn't recommend it. The ball became stripped and the only way I could get mine to stay put is with Gorilla glue. So mine is in a fixed position till I replace it!

Is your TRD a Tacoma or 4Runner? I have a buddy with a 4Runner and a real nice floor mount. I have a Tacoma. The dash layout is diffrent (Really Toyota?) I made a mount on the top of the dash for my phone and Mini 2. I don't know if it will hold my Ipad (not air) but if it did, I would have to have it set on the dash to keep it still. Now it will be too high and block vision. If I had a smaller tablet, I could put it under the radio, over the console.
Most of the mounts I have seen for either have been floor pedestals. I don't want that route for my Tacoma.