FYI New Camping Restrictions: Alabama Hills, CA | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

FYI New Camping Restrictions: Alabama Hills, CA

Unfortunately I fear we will see more of these sort of shut down and restrictions as more and more uneducated people use these places

Yep, heard about this over the weekend. Horrible. Just sucks. As always good things end because of small part of population. Hopefully this isn't permanent.

Down side to overlanding becoming popular, it will attract people who have no common sense. Very unfortunate.

Unfortunately, there are more people heading out and just how it works, a portion of those people are going to be idiots who only care about themselves and will leave their trash behind, ruining it for the rest of us.

They should start issuing a permit system, new people have greater restrictions than the more seasoned people.

The down side to permit system, is to staff the people to handle that, will cost $$. That $$ will need to come from somewhere.

I always pick up trash, even from others. I shouldn't need to, but I do. Last year I stopped some high school kids when they were leaving a camping site, they had left trash all over. I made the pick it up. I wouldn't be surprised they just tossed it out when out of site, but hopefully they didn't and my talk smartened them up.