Dometic or Snomaster? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Dometic or Snomaster?

K David K

When it comes to colder colds and best efficiency, which is a stronger bet? Energy is a commodity when out and I would rather have something that is as efficient as possible seeing running all the time. I'll be after mid 50 liter range if that makes a difference.

Let me know, thank you

Dometic has been around and is proven. I have never seen snowmaster. I prefer the chest type fridges and snowmasters larger ones are chest type. Dometic has smoother lines but not the same capacity for the size.
I have a small Dometic in my Cruiser but in my trailer I have a 60qt Whitmore chest type.
Looking at their specs, the real difference seems to be shape. All of them benefit from an insulation blanket.

Have you dried one of those National Luna fridges? I've seen them around, but don't know much about them other than they are made in Africa or Australia somewhere. I'm sporting a Dometic, and it's done what I needed. No problems to speak of.

In my group its mostly Dometic and National Luna. One guy had an ARB. I'm the only one who has a Whitmore. I can say this, they all have held up to the abuse we give them. My Whitmore has spent its life between my two trailers and probably gets banged around the most.
The biggest issue with all of them is dirt getting into the fan assembly.
A couple of years ago, the copy fridges came out on Amazon. I read about a number of people buying them but don't know if they held up over the years.

Have you dried one of those National Luna fridges? I've seen them around, but don't know much about them other than they are made in Africa or Australia somewhere. I'm sporting a Dometic, and it's done what I needed. No problems to speak of.

Close friend of mine has been running Luna fridges for years and loves them. Matter of fact he was just showing this one: https://www.nationalluna.com/product/nl-80-legacy-smart-refrigerator-freezer/ that is going to pick up this month. I must say, you can't avoid the brands following.

In my group its mostly Dometic and National Luna. One guy had an ARB. I'm the only one who has a Whitmore. I can say this, they all have held up to the abuse we give them. My Whitmore has spent its life between my two trailers and probably gets banged around the most.
The biggest issue with all of them is dirt getting into the fan assembly.
A couple of years ago, the copy fridges came out on Amazon. I read about a number of people buying them but don't know if they held up over the years.

I'm sorry, are you saying your Whitmore was copied (cloned) on Amazon?

I'm sorry, are you saying your Whitmore was copied (cloned) on Amazon?
Overall design in general. When you look at fridges you want a SECOP (Danfoss) compressor. That one is in all the good fridges. The copies look the same but with cheap compressors.

Hey so from a power consumption, which fridge is the most efficient around that 50-60L standpoint? I'm in the process of building out a 4runner with a tear drop behind it.

The SECOP (Danfoss) compressor's are the most efficient. What no one tells you is insulation. Your top brands have great insulation. The insulation on my Whitmore is fair. I need to add a cover to help it.

Look for the better compressor and add on a good insulated blanket.

You could go full bling and pick up one of Eco Flow new fridge that makes ice cubes in the field at rate of 17 every 8 minutes or something like that.

The SECOP (Danfoss) compressor's are the most efficient. What no one tells you is insulation. Your top brands have great insulation. The insulation on my Whitmore is fair. I need to add a cover to help it.

Look for the better compressor and add on a good insulated blanket.

Are you talking about one of those quilt like covers that go around these fridges?

Dometic all the way for me as well. Just a brand I like and have used over the years