Centorioutdoors Pioneer popup tent?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Centorioutdoors Pioneer popup tent??

Chad Hahn

Morning all. Would you happen to know if you are in an area that gets snow fall, what sort of downward weight a tent like this can handle?

Better yet, will those stuts hold a small gear box on top of the tent while it's deployed?

Must be a new brand. I would guess they have locks in those legs to keep that from falling on you. Nice looking tent.

Not a fan of these sort of tents for that exact reason. I would recommend going with their fold out tent they have on their site. Much more stable in my opinion. Actually you'll save money on that one as well. Good pricing there. (y)

Most of those style tents are going to be good for ~200 to maybe 300lbs on the roof of storage when closed up. When open like that, I would guess ~100lbs max. Now depending on the weight of snow, you may want to knock it off from time to time

Are you needing to lift that roof manually? If so, is that something where a tremendous amount of strength is needed?

Is there a way to heat one of those? That's a healthy size tent. If you are in snowy conditions, you'll need a heater. For what it's worth, I'm digging that style of that tent.

I couldn't find any sort of user reviews on that tent. I would bet that is designed to be used with some weight from snow.

Hard NO, these guys are trying to dress a cheap wolf in a sheep's body. Their website flashes in front of you "DESIGNED in USA". Companies that have statements like that are trying too hard to trick consumers. Designed in USA is NOT the same as MADE IN USA. I'd love to see proof of such design teams here in the states. If you going to carry badge of "Designed in USA", then you should put "Made in China" right next to it. Just be honest. But Chinese companies won't do that, they know the quality of their products so they try to push what American consumers want to hear.

Agree, that has become an over used statement many marketing people are using to trick people into overlooking made overseas (likely China) gear. Doesn't Apple use this ploy as well? But then again Apple does have an actual research here in the states.

Hard NO, these guys are trying to dress a cheap wolf in a sheep's body. Their website flashes in front of you "DESIGNED in USA". Companies that have statements like that are trying too hard to trick consumers. Designed in USA is NOT the same as MADE IN USA. I'd love to see proof of such design teams here in the states. If you going to carry badge of "Designed in USA", then you should put "Made in China" right next to it. Just be honest. But Chinese companies won't do that, they know the quality of their products so they try to push what American consumers want to hear.

I'm sure they are tricking many Americans into buying a tent because of this as well.

Ha! Tough critics! I thought I was tough, but you all do have a point. The video above with a Mercedes and urban couple sitting there on side of road watching sunset with tent deployed, I'd say someone missed the mark with showing ruggedness of a their product. :ROFLMAO:

Funny, I saw one of these tents on a Toyota Tacoma, and just felt it looked cheap. The owner was trying to sell it to me because he didn't like it and wanted something different. After looking at it, nope, not for me.