Buying a used Jeep Wrangler from Avis Rental?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Buying a used Jeep Wrangler from Avis Rental??

Paul Meyers

I've been shopping for a good deal on a Jeep Wrangler for the last 6 months. I've never owned a Jeep before, so want to do this right. I decided to go and rent one, to see how I would like driving it. Loved it. Rented it from Avis, and shared with the manager there that I was renting it because I wanted to see if I would like to buy. He suggested I look at their used inventory as they had some deals.

My question is: have you bought, OR would you buy from Avis if the truck was a good deal?

Not a chance, people beat the hell out of rentals. That truck would be a bad investment.

I never brought a 4 wheel drive from a rental place, but I have brought a Nissan king cab from enterprise. It had 36K, and I put another 120K no problems.

1000% agree with WranglerGuy, have a trusted mechanic look over the vehicle and take a healthy test drive as well.

Rental companies like Avis buy their trucks in large volume, and they maintain their vehicles very well.

Since they purchase the trucks in large volumes and rent them out, they may have cover the purchase cost before planning to sale the truck, that will make the truck come at a cheaper price. You must know, Cost is one of the things to consider when making a purchase.

Regardless of cost, age, miles, and anything you can name, if you like the truck and Avis offers a warranty, what's stopping you from buying the truck?