Bought Turtleback Expedition trailer - need to change wheel hubs from Jeep to Toyota | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Bought Turtleback Expedition trailer - need to change wheel hubs from Jeep to Toyota

Martin Hand

I just bought a used Turtleback Expedition trailer and I overlooked that the previous owner had a Jeep and the wheels on this trailer have the Jeep lug pattern for a Jeep. How can i change this to a Toyota?

Thank you

Martin

First you need to know exactly what axle it is. Then your buying new hub and drum assemblies. Price is based on whose axle and what size.
The easy way is to just buy five lug to six lug wheel adapters.

Oh good idea, have you used those before? I'm planning on bringing the trailer offroad over some bumpy terrain.

BTW, thank you for your help!

I have 1" spacers on my trailer and I abuse the crap out of it. I wouldn't worry.
"IF" you have a 3500# dexter axle and you live in so cal, I have two hub/drum assemblies taking up room in my garage you can have.

First you need to know exactly what axle it is. Then your buying new hub and drum assemblies. Price is based on whose axle and what size.
The easy way is to just buy five lug to six lug wheel adapters.
+1 agree