When toilet paper runs out while camping? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

When toilet paper runs out while camping?

Mojave Traveler

So my overland Meetup group last night spent nearly the entire night talking about this very question. Honestly the responses were entertaining and insightful. Let's face it, if you head out enough, sooner or later, poo happens and you realize you are out of poo tickets to whip your ass. Here are some of the answers that came up:

1. Grab handful of leaves (watch out for poison oak)
2. Use your boxers or shirt
3. Jump into a lake or river and scrub your ass
4. Go oldschool, and just stank.
5. Sticks, moss or corn cobs?
6. Spray bottle
7. Thomas Guide (paper map)
8. Stones (greeks used this back in the day)

I've had to use 1, 2,3

What about you?

Whip your ass with a stone? LOL seriously? That sounds like a treat.

I've used 1 and just 1. Number 3 cracks me up. Pinching off a loaf in a river. LMAO We always head out with MORE than plenty of TP

You must know my wife! EVERY time we head out, I swear she uses a roll each time she heads out into the woods. So yes there has been many times where I had to get resourceful with what I used to wipe my business. 1,2,3 and even 7.

I've never run out, I have toilet paper stashed all over the place. Even during the great TP shortage of 2020, we were good. LOL

LOL a couple of those I would rather not say. But that took place LONG time ago. Now a days, we keep more than plenty of TP.

Yeah, just 1 here. There is always some level TP in my trucks. When I go through fast food, I always stash away napkins from that, which I am classifying as TP. Incase not the same to everyone, those have always been emergency use.

I've never run out, I have toilet paper stashed all over the place. Even during the great TP shortage of 2020, we were good. LOL
"The Great TP Shortage of 2020" - LMAO!!!! I wonder if that will make it into the history books.

OMG, how did I miss this thread?! Anyone that says they haven't done at least one of 1-3, hasn't been camping that long. Growing up, #1 was very common practice for us. And when available and warm, #3.