Polaris Expedition cost as much as a Jeep Rubicon? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Polaris Expedition cost as much as a Jeep Rubicon?

Pro Drywall

OK first let me say when I heard rumors that Polaris was working on an Expedition model, like many, I was excited. But damn that really priced these things out into left field! And don't get me wrong, there are some impressive features with these, but the price?!

If you haven't seen yet, here's a video:

U-Tube exaggerated.
I went to Polaris and built one. It was only $59k not 60k.

By the time your done, the Jeep still has more features, like AC, Defrost, comfort, the ability to drive all highways, more options, way more power, stronger parts....

The Polaris advantage is, I can go faster on the trails. (This is in their short videos on their site.)
If I was going to put an RTT on one of these it would be a modern hard shell. Lower profile, less likely to snag a tree branch while your zipping through the forest. My opinion, one of their marketing guys is blindly trying to grab a piece of the "Overlanding" Fad.

At work, quite a few people own side by sides. Their not too bad once you upgrade some of the weak components. They all have at least 10k in upgrades. This brings the cost of a fairly nice one close to $38k.
Take the almost 60k one in the video and upgrade the steering and suspension. Now your closer to $70k

Looks heavy. So you need a decent size tow vehicle and a large enough flatbed to get this thing to location. Then you need to leave your tow vehicle and trailer at the trail head for the 2 legged predators to possibly mess with your stuff while you are out exploring?