Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller

K David K

Do these things really work? Tempted to buy one, actually I was just about to do so, but then decided to run it by you all. Would like to know how is installation as well. If you own, would you buy again?

I'm still on the fence for my Tacoma.

The one thing its not, is a tune. What it is going to do is, Its going to clean up any delay in your throttle.
With everything being drive by wire, the manufacture's have put in a "delay" in your throttle response. Most people dont hold their throttle steady when they drive. By delaying the throttle, it picks up mileage. Pedal command removes the delay.

I have three friends with the system. Two think its the greatest thing in the world and the last one only sees a difference in throttle response.
For me, on a technical trail, I need good throttle response. "If" I took my Tacoma on anything harder then a dirt road, it would defiantly need one of these.

I don't know if you can get a true tune on your Jeep but, for my Toyota's they run about $1300.
A tune will not only fix throttle response but trans shifting and maybe smooth out the power band.