Maintenance on 1000w Alp Generator? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Maintenance on 1000w Alp Generator?

Camping USA

I've had this thing for 5 months now. Is there any routine maintenance I need to do to this to keep it running properly?

I haven't owned an Alp but, I've had propane and gas generators in my motor homes. Hands down the propane needed very little maintenance compared to gas. I would still change the oil but is was more time based then hours based. If I used the propane to the number of hours where Onan said change oil, the oil came out real clean compared to a similar using gas. I was in very dusty areas so I kept on top of my air cleaners.
As M Kesik said, minimal maintenance.
Still follow what the manufacture says.

Their not really Hybrid, just propane. It doesn't really matter if is a suit case generator or huge trailer mount, propane does very little wear to the engine. On mine, I would do the maintenance and the oil and plug were always clean. Even the propane forklifts at work have very little maintenance. Issues wise, I had more issues with my gas generators if they sat for long periods where my propane didn't. My last propane was an Onan. I think i ran that for eight or ten years before I got rid of the camper. It was flawless.

Soon we will need to shift to these sort of generators considering gas engines getting banned in future.