How many miles are you getting from your tires on your Toyota? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How many miles are you getting from your tires on your Toyota?

OffGrid

You mind me asking what sort of miles you are getting from your tires on your Toyota? If high, would you mind sharing the tire you are using? Thank you!

Stock or replacement? If stock which ones.

If you do the maintenance properly, the mileage will vary considerably based on tire compound and driving. Example would be someone driving mostly highway compared to strictly mountain driving. Then soft compound vs hard compound. The harder ones last longer but can suffer in the way of traction.

I tend to choose softer tires. My AT's get me about 40k and my mud tires get me less than 30k. My competition mud tires (which I stupidly drove on the street) I got about 4k. One of my buddies likes Goodyear Wranglers and has gotten 70k out of a set. His vehicle is mostly street.
I've read about people with BFG AT's getting 50+ where I am lucky to get 30K.

Also, manufactures can change tread compound and we don't know it. All of a sudden the tires you always bought lasts longer but for some reason have less traction.

Tires I have run long enough to check mileage.
Cooper AT. 50% tread at 25K. Separated the tread internally. They didnt like being run at 20 psi. Couldn't see it except on the balancer.

BFG AT's 30k-40k. I've run these for a couple of decades. They tend to change the compound. Evidently, on the new KO2's there are now two qualities. Good and poor. The ones i have now are the poor ones. Traction isn't as good as the older ones and I almost cant balance this set.

BFG Mud (not K03's). 20k-25k (ish) Old design, soft, incredible traction.

Nitto Mud Grapplers 20% tread at 25K. Super soft. I have had people tell me they got 50k on a set. Not sure how unless they had two compounds.
Nitto competition. Don't drive these on the street. under4k and their real expensive.

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac. Hard compound, poor traction. 50% tread (ish) at 25k. Changed them out, didn't like them in rocks. Almost indestructible though.

Running Falcon AT's now on Tacoma. So far good all around. At 5k no noticeable tread wear.

Loaded question, really depends on the abuse I put the tires through. But typically I'll estimate 17,000 to 25,000 miles