How Far Can a Diesel and Electric Truck Tow An Identical Camper Trailer on ONE Fill-up? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How Far Can a Diesel and Electric Truck Tow An Identical Camper Trailer on ONE Fill-up?

Mojave Traveler

These guys always bring good truck videos. I think anyone looking at EV these days are concerned about range and what happens when you start adding things, or towing things. This video is a must watch:

There's a video out there where they (diffrent guys) compared the Ford Lightning to a gas vehicle (don't remember which). They actually had to go back and get the trailer from the lightning. If I remember, the gas truck went to the destination, dropped the trailer, went to the Ford, got theirs and dropped at the destination on the same tank of fuel. I think the reason was, the range on the Ford wasn't enough to make it to the next charging station towing the trailer.
The range Ford had advertised towing that amount of weight wasn't anywhere near what it actually did.

There's a video out there where they (diffrent guys) compared the Ford Lightning to a gas vehicle (don't remember which). They actually had to go back and get the trailer from the lightning. If I remember, the gas truck went to the destination, dropped the trailer, went to the Ford, got theirs and dropped at the destination on the same tank of fuel. I think the reason was, the range on the Ford wasn't enough to make it to the next charging station towing the trailer.
The range Ford had advertised towing that amount of weight wasn't anywhere near what it actually did.

Oh yeah, that's the thing with EV's. I you plan on putting any serious weight on these or towing, that range get's conservatively axed in half!