Gofast camper platform camper tent quality? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Gofast camper platform camper tent quality?

Not sure on the air mattress, what I would like to know is if you have an existing roof rack on your Gladiator if you can still use one of these from GoFast. Basically is there enough clearance to make it over the roof rack on the cab?

I'm sure you could install windows in those doors. They don't look load bearing or anything that would be negatively affected if you put windows in the doors.

My brother was looking at one of those Alu Cab camper canopy things. I told him he was going to be killing the driving experience with all that top heavy weight. This one doesn't look too heavy. Certainly there is large contrast in price compared to Alu Cab.

Only thing I know of is their hinges are a weak link as some will claim. I was looking at one of their rooftop tents and really the only complaint I could find was some people had some guff about hinges being defective. Other than that, they seem pretty well made.

You realize how heavy those Alu Cab campers are? Not to mention what that is going to do to your center of gravity? No thank you.

Hey thanks everyone. So the sticking point for me here is if you have 2 people in this thing and one person needs to get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. They would need to wake the other person in order to move the floor around to get out, right?

I did some research and these things are very heavy and will upset your trucks center of gravity and require substantial work done to your suspension.