Camping in a Tesla Model Y? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Camping in a Tesla Model Y?

Preston Graham

What's funny is that I've spoken to a number of you here who are in the same boat as me, WAITING for the email from Tesla indicating our Cybertruck is ready for pick up. 'Time Keeper' just made a post about it. ha ha ha Brother I feel your pain, we all have been waiting.

BUT... any of you tried camping in your Model Y? Curious how comfortable that experience was?

We have a 2020 Model 3 and 2015 Model S and have been waiting for Cybertruck as well. Heck, we even placed order for a Rivian, which delivery still has us waiting as well. Just saw a video last week on FB showing someone camping in their Model 3. I was surprised this can be done!

Ha you can! My neighbor has a Model 3 and is looking for a mattress to stick in that car. We have a Model 3 as well and have tried laying down in it after the neighbor showing how he sleeps and it's tight, but it works. Teslas have a 'Camp' mode, and it allows you to keep AC/Heat running through out the night, and if you are in a camping spot with power, when you wake, you'll likely have full power!

We have a Y and never thought about camping in it. I guess you could, but that would be super SUPER tight in there.

Our neighbor just got one of these things. Super nice!! We are now thinking about going electric. Just curious what everyone does out in the field for charging?