Anderson connection is wrong orientation?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Anderson connection is wrong orientation??

Stacy H

I have some solar panels I'm trying to connect and I just noticed my main cable shown below connection are vertical orientation vs horizontal. Why are they different and is there an adapter that goes from this to the orientation that I need (horizontal)?

Thank you for help

You should be able to order an adapter at www.powerwerx.com. You can also get custom made cables there, in case you want to get a longer adapter cable made in order to keep your panels in the sun while camping in the shade.

Oh interesting, I had no idea that you can get customer wires made. Stacy, what battery are you using?

They can be a pain to separate sometimes. I've had to set one side on an edge and bang on the other to get them to slip. You can also reconfigure the other end of it. Some people like their cable ends to be diffrent for some reason. All of my cables are configured the same

No.
They only have to match what you plug them into. Color doesn't matter either.
Huh? Oh you are talking if you have the black plugged in hot, it's still going to transfer as it needs to. So why the different orientations? Seems unnecessary

I agree.
One of the guys at work uses Andersons in his RC planes. His are one horizontal and the other vertical. He had only seen them like that and assumed that's how they were suppose to be.

I always assumed that the different orientations are so that people using different voltages for different items couldn't inadvertently plug into the wrong power source and fry something. Currently, everything I use Andersons for is +12VDC, so it hasn't been a concern of mine.