Tear drop trailers that are rated for off-road? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Tear drop trailers that are rated for off-road?

Grady

Howdy, I just watched a video from this channel on YouTube and didn't know this site existed! I've been fishing all my life, but recently started thinking I'm getting to old to be sleeping in a tent all the time on the ground and wanting something a little more 'clamping' style. I have zero interest in a roof top tent as I don't want to fall out off my roof from one of my 20 pee breaks during the night.

A buddy recommended https://escapod.us/, and I like these, and open to hearing reviews if you have one. But would like to see if there are others in this class worth looking at?

What sort of budget you working with? There are tons out there, but just depending on budget. Bruder and Patriot have some nice options, but you'll have to pay $6000-$7000 to import into USA.

Escapod are made in Utah. Who knows, most likely imported in from China. It’s hard to say these days. So many companies fighting for our $$. Have you noticed all the camper trailer companies sprouting up during the last year? Yeah, kind of a mess if you ask me. What’s going to happen to most of these companies a year or two years from now? They disappear and if you need service, good luck. Make sure you buy from a rooted brand.

A coworker ordered one of these late 2020 and is still waiting on getting his delivered. If you plan on getting one and using this summer, that's likely not going to happen. You are better off shopping used market and finding one you can snag right away.

My neighbor made a teardrop trailer a few years ago. He converted a cargo trailer. He built up walls and tried to curve the front by soaking the wood for a few days. It worked for a few days till it cracked. Then he revised his plans and it ended up looking more like Elon Musk's Cybertruck than a teardrop. LMAO

I would have guessed that was a Aussi brand by the look of that larger trailer. Surprised to see USA. Interesting, good post, thanks!

You all are awesome, thank you. There are a couple brands here I have not heard of. OverKill looks promising! I'm going to look further into their trailers. What about Colorado Teardrops? They kind of look like the Escapod brand. Actually a few of these look very similar.

How do you service something like that if a company is on one side of US and you are on the other?

The problem with traditional tear drops is size, you can only fit 2 people in these things. We have 4 people, well my wife and myself, and our two kids.

The problem with traditional tear drops is size, you can only fit 2 people in these things. We have 4 people, well my wife and myself, and our two kids.

Not true pal, there are some you can fit 3 comfortably and if you have 2 adults and 2 kids, some have bunks built into them.