When you are are NOT in your Jeep, do you still wave to other Jeeps on the road? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

When you are are NOT in your Jeep, do you still wave to other Jeeps on the road?

iKokomo

I find the habit is hard to break and I'm still waving to people who are driving a Jeep even though I may be in my wifes car!

Do you do this?

The hand starts to go up, then I realize I'm not in the Jeep. I rarely will see anyone waving back. Most are programmed to look for that wave in Jeeps. Not boring sedans.

Moderately serious question.
Those of you with the newer bodied jeeps (post TJ). Do people wave back? My last Jeep was a TJ.

I ask this because not only did I never get a wave back ( starting with JK) but it was so common, it was posted on multiple forums.

That was always the cool part of owning a Jeep. My first one was in 77 and my whole life, people would wave or nod. We always acknowledged each other.

I always wave to Jeeps, I don't judge on age. The highest number of non-wave-backs I see are from NON Wranglers (Cherokees etc.).