Whats the coldest weather you have camped in? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Whats the coldest weather you have camped in?

Gladiator Max

As I'm shopping around for a diesel heater, I was thinking about this upcoming winter season. Curious, what has been the coldest you have camped in?

Oh dang, -10F. I honestly haven't kept track, but know last winter it got below 0 where we were at and last known temp we saw was -7. It had to of gotten colder out that evening, so going to round it up to -10F.

-10. Low temp average is 25-40
Pay attention to the heater size. More is not better here. My trailer inside is about 175 cubic foot. I have a 5KW heater and its way too much. One of my buddies has a very large RTT and his 5KW is almost too much at 20 degree outside temp. The difference between us is insulation and he's a little bigger inside.
I'm going to get a 2.5 KW and if its too much, divert some of the air.
Another issue is there are 4 heaters between us and none have a working thermostat. That means when its too hot, you shut it off.
Mine is a Vevor. I don't know what the others have.

Can't say we have been in that cool of temps. But we have been in around 10 F, but it has snowed heavy and we have been in some intense winds during snow fall as well.