What tires are these shown on this Jeep? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

What tires are these shown on this Jeep?

I'm looking at these from completely from an aggressive look standpoint. I kind of like it. Curious how these would fair in real world and snow?

Their a specialty mud tire. Interco (manufacture) has been around a long time. They got their fame from their super swamper tires. I have a number friends up north running their IROC's. Across the board the complaints were never traction, just noise and tread life.

We ran their narrower cousin (TSL) in early rock crawl because they were soft and we couldn't cut them easily. As a street tire, their soft and noisy. Dont expect any real milage out of them.
I havent seen them in deep mud but I have seen them in snow. It seems mud/snow is their element.

My only caution towards you is pay attention when you buy them. They sell competition tires also. I accidentally bought some competition Mud Grapplers on sale. Best overall hard core tire ive run. That is until I wore them out in 4k miles.

4K was the competition tires I bought. I'm sure you will get 10-20 out of them.
Just remember this, the more aggressive, the more wear, The softer the compound, the better for grabbing things but again, the faster the wear.

Those tires really makes a Jeep look more aggressive! Noticed a similar one at 4Wheelonline. Super swamper tires

So how do these tires fair off-road? Are they all looks and no show or can they hold their ground?

Their a specialty mud tire with high floatation. Their also very soft. A but too wide for me in the rocks but mud and sand, sure. If you get them wide enough they act like a paddle tire.

I don't suppose you know of any other tires that look like this? Floatation? Why in the world would you want the tire to float?

"I don't suppose you know of any other tires that look like this?" Not really, It would take some searching. Be careful of off brands.

"Floatation? Why in the world would you want the tire to float?"

If a tire is wide enough for the weight, it sits on top instead of digging down (float). Sand you want to sit on top of. Mud depends on your build. Some choose tall narrow tires to dig down to hard ground and others "paddle" on top (ish). Rocks prefer a narrow tall, too wide and you "bridge" gaps. You end up driving on the tips of the rocks and not forming around them for better traction. The diffrent models of super swampers shows that.

The more aggressive the harder it bites. The more aggressive the faster it wears. The wider, the more it floats. All terrain tires tend to have a less aggressive tread in the center with lugs on the corners to give it a bit of bite off road.

This is not including tire compound. The biggest issue I have with off road tires is they don't advertise how hard or soft they are (compound). Soft tires grab rocks and flex well but wear out fast. Hard tires tend to dig better but don't form well and slip on harder surfaces.

Just when I find a tire that works for what I do, they either change it or stop making it. I learned not long ago that BFG changed their manufacturing process on the KO3 tire. The ones I have are horrible on the street. Their bad enough that I want to replace them. Their at 80% tread.

If you just want an aggressive look, then it doesn't really matter what you get. If the vehicle isn't driven on tough terrain, the same thing applies. My Tacoma falls into that category. 99% of its driving is street. I get a tire that looks good but wears well on the street.

Gotcha, so these tires would do well on sand? I don't do mud, or not anything deep I should clarify. Man you have given so much good information, I'm on the fence!