UGH... getting old sucks. | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

UGH... getting old sucks.

smritte

I had a 4 day trip planned for this weekend. Pulled a muscle in my back last weekend and had to cancel it. The sad thing is, its a place I have driven past all my life and never stopped to see it.
Ancient Bristle cone Pine Forest.
With winter coming in and the elevation means I have to postpone till next year.
Oh well, maybe I will go sit in the desert next weekend.

This weekend, very little but the road up is paved, steep and no guardrail. Coming down may be an issue.
Depending on the storm and at that elevation over the winter I have seen 10 inch to 20 foot. Their saying this year it should be high.

I had a 4 day trip planned for this weekend. Pulled a muscle in my back last weekend and had to cancel it. The sad thing is, its a place I have driven past all my life and never stopped to see it.
Ancient Bristle cone Pine Forest.
With winter coming in and the elevation means I have to postpone till next year.
Oh well, maybe I will go sit in the desert next weekend.

Hey what's happening with you?! Brother that is unfortunate, earlier this year I was playing with my son and pinched up my back and was messed up walking like an 80 year old for nearly 6 weeks! Where in the desert you heading too?

Eastern Mojave Desert. Its the middle ground of the Mojave desert. One side is Death Valley and the other the Mojave Road area. The eastern border is the Colorado River. Western is the far end of Death Valley. The lower part has I40 cutting through it. Baker is about half way to Vegas off the 15.

Its actually a nice area for a weekend trip. Nothing difficult just remote camping. It also has a few touristy things to go see.

I'm supposed to be heading out this upcoming weekend and I'm feeling something brewing inside me. I hope if I'm getting sick, that this is done and out of me by Friday. Regardless, I feel your pain. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Brother I feel you. I've had chronic back pain for a few years and in the winter months, it's always worse. I feel for you, literally!

After a trip to the doctor, it seems I not only hurt my back but had three kidney stones. the back pain and the stones were on the same side so they complemented each other. UGH. On the mend and getting better. I took two weeks off and started climbing the walls. I cant sit still that long. I have indoor projects but that meant sitting in one spot at a table. Fortunately I made all my new covers and pillows for the trailer already. I just need more bags.
Went back to work Tuesday and taking it light.
Looking in the garage, I have a pile of steel and new front arms for my cruiser as well as huge pile of Ballistic Nylon for bags and stuff. All this is wanting my attention.
Not gonna risk it yet.