Things I learned from my search on solid axle truck flex | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Things I learned from my search on solid axle truck flex

Chris Potter

So, geting more flex out of a solid axle vehicle is relatively straight forward; however, it's definatelly not cheap.

Bellow are some things I learned from my research

1) Flex is highly depended on the length of you vehicle's shocks. In most cases shocks are what limit down travel.

2) When increasing flex other peripheral upgrade also need to be made. Your truck will need longer brake lines, possibly new bump stops, longer arms, spring retainers and spring relocators. Depending on the vehicle you might need more or less.

Long shocks are more expensive and the rest of the upgrades also add to the price. The more the flex you aim for, the more mods you need. From a certain point onwards you also need to start fabricating custom pieces.

So, is more flex really worth it? Or do you go for a normal lift kit and learn how to pick the correct line?

Good to know, this made me think if there is any way to get a slight improvement in wheel travel on the from suspension on IFS vehicle. I might need to do some research too...