Sprinter van build: sacrifice space for shower and toilet? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Sprinter van build: sacrifice space for shower and toilet?

J-O-H-N

We have decided that in 2024 we would order our first camping van. I was just reading an article from this site on conversion vans of 2023. Noticed this forum on here too so wanted to ask a question that has kept us on the fence. As you may know, the moment you add a shower and toilet to your van build, there is a decent price hike. Not to mention you give up a decent amount of space. Now what we are trying to decide is if we want to give up that space, or opt for a more portable shower attachment on the side of the van. Just not sure if after having a toilet and shower after a year or so, will it get used enough to warrant the space and investment? I know many who don't have in their vans and they are content with their choice.

Which direction would you go, to shower/toilet or no?

Sprinters, you can get those all in one units that have both toilet and shower. No blackwater, just cassette toilet that you access from side of van. These don't take up that much room and can be pretty compact.

Tough call, but they have toilets and showers that pop out of spaces that could be under beds or in walls. I would get them if you can get stealthy installs done. That way you don't loss the obvious benefits.