Rinse off Explore shower? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Rinse off Explore shower?

Beats that box shower thing that was going around a few weeks back. I like the size of this one much better

Oddly their using a lead acid battery,
I built something similar using my 5 gal water can, I use the same water sprayer but am still working on raising the output. I would be interested to see how hard their sprayer is.

So it says "hot or cold" water, does that include adding boiling water to make this suitable for a shower?

Nope sure haven't, but it's price less than some other options. But then again other options have heaters in them. So what I would like to know is how long water is good in there before it starts getting bacteria.

Hey that's slick, would be cool you can get a mount of some sort to clamp that above you or above bucket for washing hands. Didn't see it on Amazon or REI, where are these sold at?

OP - back to your question, no I haven't used this, and honestly didn't know it existed till this post. I like it though, the pressure is great, the design looks decent, not sure about that lead acid battery used in the explore version. However the other unit which cost less looks like you just plug it into your choice of battery brick. We were just talking about getting something for hosing down our dog and bikes when we are out camping. We had been looking at options from Waterport, RinseKit and a couple odd ball ones we found on Amazon. I'll be seriously looking at this one. But from what I can see there aren't many reviews on this one.

Think carefully on the water port. A few of my friends have them. They tend to weigh a bit full. At half full you get sloshing. Because its up high it "MAY" effect your suspension (body roll). One of my buddies has his crossways on the back of his 4Runner. he says half full, he really notices the side to side movement especially on side hills. The other guy has it mounted front to back. His lesson was on having it full then cracking when it froze over night. Your not suppose to have them filled when its cold.

Think carefully on the water port. A few of my friends have them. They tend to weigh a bit full. At half full you get sloshing. Because its up high it "MAY" effect your suspension (body roll). One of my buddies has his crossways on the back of his 4Runner. he says half full, he really notices the side to side movement especially on side hills. The other guy has it mounted front to back. His lesson was on having it full then cracking when it froze over night. Your not suppose to have them filled when its cold.

You beat me to this point. Something to consider about these Waterports is that they are not a portable as the other options.

Could something like this be used in outdoor shower behind a van?
I have something like this Camplux. It gets hot enough that I have to run it on low heat.

You would need a small water pump, power source, 5 gal water can and a shower tent. I linked a water pump kit but you could assemble one cheaper.

I have two shower tents. The links are just the two styles, not what I have. The awning type is on the side of my trailer and the freestanding is like a strong ten with poles due to the wind I have to deal with. They get used more as a porta potty more then anything.
Awning style
Free standing

RinseKit, best investment we added to our camping kit. Kids love it, my wife loves it and our dog gets some use.