Lithium Ion Battery Brands? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Lithium Ion Battery Brands?

Cole Darrill

I'm looking to understand which brands offer the best lithium-ion batteries, particularly for a 12-volt 200-amp battery. The prices seem to range significantly, from around $500.00 to over $1,200.00. Can you explain why there's such a wide price range? I need to replace my old batteries soon, so this information would be very helpful.

Assuming you want "camper batteries" and not starting/winching.

Lithium iron batteries come in two types. Normal cells and prismatic. The prismatic are a bit better but way more expensive then the regular cells. Just that difference can almost double a battery price. Prismatic are normally custom. I haven't seen anyone make one in 12 volt.

Now you have the internal battery controllers (BMS). These can be simple or have several features like blue tooth and temperature sensing.
Next will be heating blankets built in. Lithium's don't like cold.

Full featured battery with prismatic cells, high quality BMS, blue tooth monitoring, temperature monitoring and auto warming for cold climates = pricy.
I on the other hand don't care about these and payed about $250 on sale for a 100 amp cell type.

I know you said 200 amp but I already had 100 amp batteries booked marked. all of the ones I linked will go 200 amp.

Here is a no frills battery I think one company makes this and several people put their name on it. This is a standard cell type battery

Cheap 100 amp with heater and blue tooth

here's battle born This is basically the same battery as above. Their description says "cell type"
Battle born with heater I don't see (on the battle born site) where they offer Bluetooth monitoring

Dakota batteries The description says, low temp cut off but I didn't see anything about built in heating or Bluetooth.

When you start comparing batteries, you see that some are a bit over priced for what they are. Over the last year, the price on lithium iron battery's has come down a bit. I believe this is why you see a big difference in price.

What you want to do is, figure out what you need and look at descriptions. I run the no frills battery because i really don't need the features. I can add in a warming blanket pretty cheap if I decided to go somewhere cold.