iKamper and PullKitchen too much weight for 2020 Jeep Gladiator stock suspension? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

iKamper and PullKitchen too much weight for 2020 Jeep Gladiator stock suspension?

Carlos

If I have a iKamper and a PullKitchen mounted in my Jeep Gladiator, would I need to modify my suspension, or would I be OK for now?

I should be, the tent can't be much more 180lbs and that kitchen thing can't weight that much. Let me see if they list weight.

Yeah, I saw that, but you can pick it up at their location and not pay anything.

I would imagine it is fine. Pickup trucks have a good payload rating but once you install these two things you will then need to be clever with the rest of your accessories to ensure you do not go over the rating.

On stock suspension I would imagine you will get significant sagging in the rear end. You can maybe upgrade just the rear spring for some stiffer ones until you get the chance to install a proper lift kit?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking now. I've had a few point out that once I load up my truck with my gear, plus that weight, it's going to be heavy. I'm already looking into upgrading my suspension.