HOA giving hard time about van | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

HOA giving hard time about van

Flying4x4

We live in a newer housing community and right now I have a van that I have on a long term rental from a friend who is out of country. My wife and I love the lifestyle with this and when we return this van in May, plan on ordering one of our own. Actually my wife was talking about ordering one sooner than later so we don't have a gap between our ability to go out traveling.

But here is the catch. We received a letter already from our HOA remind us of restrictions of taller and long vehicles parked on the street. So we moved the van into our driveway. Then we received another letter. Now we responded and let them know we are watching this van for a friend who is out of country and the van will be gone in May. However this will ideally be replaced with our own van! Then what? We can't modify our garage as there bedrooms above the garage.

So what can we do? We really want to get a Sprinter of our own.

My wife was saying the same thing. We are going to look into if we can get this built. Already reached out to a couple contractors today to get quotes on what this might cost. Then pave an extension on our driveway. Crossing fingers!