D.I.Y. Ammunition? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

D.I.Y. Ammunition?

GrubWorm

Ammo prices still are crazy. I miss the old days. Now I have been hearing more about people making their own ammo. Any of you doing this and does it really add up to savings? Have you had any issues with the rounds you made?

Do share!

A friend of mine makes his own ammo, for him though it doesn't save him any money and its something he loves doing. I asked him a little while back on why he does it, his response in his raspy voice was classic: "Ever shot I feel more of the entire process leading up to that shot".

As for me though, I buy my ammo. Just gotta shop around, look online vs local, sometimes you can find some better deals in smaller stores selling online.

Reloading used to be my therapy. I would get bored and go reload until I got tired. I havent done it in a long time

Reloading used to be my therapy. I would get bored and go reload until I got tired. I havent done it in a long time

I knew I forgot something, he always refers to it as "therapy". For me as I keep telling him, seems like a lot of work! :ROFLMAO:

I tried this a number of years back and it's fun to do, but for me just wasn't my thing for the amount of ammo I shoot.

Not in years, back in the day we did. But just don't have the time. If you shop around online there are deals to be found. Making your own ammo isn't a big savings either.