Can Opus op4 trailer be used in winter months? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Can Opus op4 trailer be used in winter months?

Flatlander

These things have air tubes that get filled up right? So how do these behave during colder winter months. Would you happen to know if you can still use this camper during colder weather? If all those air chambers are compressed and folded, will they become brittle in the cold and might crack?

Considering how the tubes are built, I would say their fine. What surprised me more was how much they weigh.

The tubes.
Whenever you see something that needs that kind of question answered, its best to contact the company. When I see that design of air bladder (tube), its commonly a heavy cloth/nylon with a "rubberized" coating on the inside like the better air mattresses.

My comment was based on seeing how they designed them. What would concern me more then anything is, how do they hold up over 10 years. Water in the air will form acids over time and start to break down the inner coating. How long will it take? There's no way to answer that. If it was a $200 air mattress that seeped down after 10 years, I would be ok with it. 50K trailer where part of the tent structure is held up with an air bladder? Can I get parts in 10 years and how much will it cost me and what are my options if I cant get parts.

"A limited manufacturer's warranty period of 2 years applies to OPUS® canvas components, poles and fittings."

Not exactly long term

Actually surprised, I bet those replacement tubes aren't cheap. That could get expensive really fast if those things need replacement every couple or few years.

Yeah so was I, I would have thought because of the nature of those things, they would have a longer life. Or at least some redundancy factored into the camper. These things aren't cheap.

Saw these guys at the Overland, pretty interesting trailers. I was told these are a full season campers.

Nice trailers, but super heavy. I saw these guys at Overland West and was told the tubes can be repaired, however are extremely strong.

Agree Aussies really know how to make a solid camper. But tell me I'm wrong, but these look heavy. The problem as I see it would be heavy winds. Better yet, how loud it must be in one of these during heavy winds.