Big Bear RBM Outdoor Hexagon with wood stove | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Big Bear RBM Outdoor Hexagon with wood stove

alex

Administrator
Staff member
Getting ready for the upcoming winter season! This past weekend 4 dads and 5 of our kiddos camped up in Big Bear. Which was an absolute blast. The kids had such a great time. As many of you know I'm usually always using my Planar 4kW portable diesel heater for my ground tents. I set up another dad with that heater in their tent and decided to test out this new RBM Outdoor wood stove I just picked up. Now historically, I'm not a wood stove sort of person for primary heat. Mainly because I don't like waking up 40 times during the night to load up the fire to keep the tent warm. Now this last trip, I had a plan: get a nice pile of coals in the wood stove just before bed, then slap in there a 4 hour burning log (which i have never used before). I missed the memo these logs burn HOT. Much HOTTER than normal wood. While it was mid 20's F outside, inside this tent was mid 90s F! Matter of fact, we woke up to the inside of the tent being 107F! I'm not throwing in the towel yet on the idea of wood heat. I just need to consult with YouTube University before my next run up!

IMG_3261.jpg
20231111_100308(0).JPGIMG_3311.jpgIMG_3276.jpgIMG_3269.12.jpgIMG_3251.1.jpgIMG_3323.1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.
I had a lesson on word burning stoves some years ago. Small one room cabin, potbelly stove and people who never used one. I had never been around them but making the stove glow seemed a bit hot for me (not my idea) We ended up not being able to sleep inside due to the heat.

It seemed like the stove put out enough heat for that tent. I was keeping my trailer about 60 degrees with my heater.

Are those pictures from Bluff lake? Did it have any fish?