Best tires for off road in 2023? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Best tires for off road in 2023?

Kevin Clark

I'm going to post this rather general topic out there to see what's currently hot. I'm going to swap out new tires during next 5,000 miles. I'm running Nitto's right now for what's worth.

I have KO2's on my Cruiser and Wild Peaks on my Tacoma. I'm happy with the KO2's to a point but cant get rid of the balancing issues. I recently learned there's two qualities to BFG now. Poor and a little better. Not sure what's going on but it seems I'm not the only one.

The KO2's replaced Coopers AT3's. I wasn't that hard on them but probably the worst off road tire I ran. Before I even had 5k on them one tire wouldn't balance any more. Cooper pretty much told me to pound sand. I sold them cheap with about 70% tread.
None of them would balance without a pound or more weight. They all wobbled on the balancer.

The KO3's didn't break down over time, they just never balanced well and shimmy on the street. Dirt wise they work well all around. I've run BFG forever and never had issues balancing them.
The Falcons on my Tacoma do well. When I change out my Cruiser tires I'm considering Yokohama's

Nitto would have been my guess, personally I think they have one of the best looking tires

I have KO2's on my Cruiser and Wild Peaks on my Tacoma. I'm happy with the KO2's to a point but cant get rid of the balancing issues. I recently learned there's two qualities to BFG now. Poor and a little better. Not sure what's going on but it seems I'm not the only one.

The KO2's replaced Coopers AT3's. I wasn't that hard on them but probably the worst off road tire I ran. Before I even had 5k on them one tire wouldn't balance any more. Cooper pretty much told me to pound sand. I sold them cheap with about 70% tread.
None of them would balance without a pound or more weight. They all wobbled on the balancer.

The KO3's didn't break down over time, they just never balanced well and shimmy on the street. Dirt wise they work well all around. I've run BFG forever and never had issues balancing them.
The Falcons on my Tacoma do well. When I change out my Cruiser tires I'm considering Yokohama's

How many miles are you getting from this BFGs?

I honestly don't think I have ever worn them out. I can say, I have about 5k on them now with little wear. I would guess 30-40k.

Most of my vehicles have been toys. They don't get driven much. I normally replace them due to damage, dry rot or vehicle replacement before they see too many miles. My last jeep saw more street. I had a set of BFG AT's that saw 30k. That was a separate set of tires for the street only. The Jeep was sold before they wore out. I can tell you, a set of 39" competition mud grapplers wont see 4k before you wore them out.