Amber vs Clear Off-Road Lights | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Amber vs Clear Off-Road Lights

KingKhan

One of those questions I've seen brought up during meets and online answered in this video. Pretty good watch:

I still prefer clear for nearly all my lights. I do have the amber covers under my back seat if I feel a change.

Two weeks ago I was camping with my group. There was a "new" guy, one of the others knew. We all started talking about lights. This guy really knew his stuff. We were comparing different brands and how not all ambers are equal. He was saying there's two diffrent ways led lights are made and two diffrent ambers. Each light design and each color have a place. Turns out this so called "expert" owns KC lights. The guy was real cool and didn't just talk about his product but the high points of the diffrent name brands.
Our conversation made me understand why I see some ambers that in my opinion are too dark and how some are too bright. I wish I could remember what both designs were called. The darker ones are more for fog, dust...and work best lower. The lighter ones work poorly in those conditions and are used to minimize eye strain but, not designed for distance