Actiontrax vs Maxtrax traction boards? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Actiontrax vs Maxtrax traction boards?

I'll give an opinion based on what I see between the two. I have a cheap Amazon set so cant say anything other than my impressions.

Their "metal teeth" version is priced similar to Maxtrax non metal teeth.
Their metal teeth appear to be nuts, bolts and washers. This could make them replaceable but, I don't see you wearing them out ever, without wearing the structure of the board also.
Maxtrax has replaceable plastic teeth. I would assume, if you needed to replace the Maxtrax teeth, you probably weakened the structure of the board.

Actiontrax looks way more flexible. In one of their videos, it shows the board folding almost in half. "If" that was going to be an issue, it would be in mud. That same test breaks most traction boards. Also, its hard to tell if having metal teeth with washers will cause cracks or stress around the washers if its flexed that far.

Personally, I like the Actiontrax more for the areas I go. The nut/bolt/washer looks like it will give me more strength. This is something I want to modify into the boards I currently own.

Got me, mine are Maxtrax. They were pricey, but I like them. Technically my wife bought a set for me, and I got another set earlier this year.