126W XPLOR solar panel sold on Amazon? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

126W XPLOR solar panel sold on Amazon?

Tripping4x4

You all talk about these panels on this site, but don't link to Amazon. Do they not sell them on Amazon? I couldn't find, but might have missed my search. I prefer buying from Amazon if available.

Wow, they sure are proud of those.
According to their site they only have a few distributers in US.
EDIT: they only show two at the top but it looks like they have a big list of individuals, some of which don't have an online presence. Kind of like "Hey do you want to sell our products?"

I personally have never seen them anywhere. According to their site, their panels are almost good enough to use as traction aids.
But damn, almost $600 for a 120 watt panel. My backup 180 watt folding (portable so I can move it in the forest) was $130 on sale at Amazon.

Last edited:
Reading over their site, is there a difference in how little light is needed in order to get a charge? Is that where the value is coming from?

That and they claim to mount them on a sheet of stainless but still keep flexibility. They also seem to make their panels out of a bunch of isolated cells, separated with diodes. This way you could block off some without having the panel go dead. Some years ago I was researching panels. Other manufactures use isolator diodes for this reason so the design is not unique. The power output will drop as it gets shaded. What I remember also is the overall output is decreased because the diodes cause a slight loss by design. The alternative is having the panel stop producing if just a corner gets shaded. Any panel of this design is all we should run. unless you can keep the panel unobstructed.
All of this (plus the "Overland" tax) is probably why their costly.
I'm sure theirs is better partially shaded then my flexible Renogy just by design. But I still get decent power when slightly shaded. Durability wise, I have had no issue walking on it.

Overland tax. Man see a lot of that these days. But onto these panels, isn't there a difference in products used to make such panels?

So you are right, I just looked at a couple places I buy most of my gear and they don't sell them there. Personally I prefer dealing with larger retailers, at least when having my credit card on file.