When you see people leaving trash at their campsite? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

When you see people leaving trash at their campsite?

AbleGuy

I meant to ask, when you see someone leaving a campsite and they have left trash, will you say anything? Two weeks ago, I did, and the person just flipped me off and told me to mind my “f#$’ing business”. I couldn’t get to my phone before they were gone.

Half of me was tempted to grab one of the bags they left and toss in back of their truck as they were driving away.

What would you have done?

That stuff pisses me off. Not too much you can do about it. Those people are the ones that get our areas closed and don't care.
I spent a bit over a decade maintaining one of the local 4wd trails out here. We had to run it constantly to pick up trash and fix illegal routes before they became popular.
When we caught people, we were told don't approach them, take pictures. Nothing ever became of it but we still documented.

WOW, If no phone, I would write their license plate number in the dirt and report their dumb a$$.

If you take a photo of someone leaving trash behind and turn it in, I wonder if park rangers would even follow up and issue the litter bugs with citation?