What type of mattress do you use in your tent? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

What type of mattress do you use in your tent?

Toomuddy

I am currently using an air mattress in my tent, it is the thicker style that looks like the mattress on your bed at home.

I am finding it noisy when moving around in bed, not very comfortable, and in cold temps, it is useless at insulating.

It was a cheap option that has got me started with camping but now it is time for an upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions?

To be honest you do not have many options here. The most convenient and comfy one may be the airbed as it can blow up to a large and thick mattress and then folded dow to a little square making storing it easy.

What type of air mattress do you have? If it is a cheap one this maybe the reason you find it uncomfortable. Do a quick search on some good quality air mattresses and see what you find.

The other option is to sleep in a rooftop tent that has a mattress already inside it. Those tend to be comfortable

Most of the mattresses out there for camping are thin and light to make them easy to transport. Because of this, they are bloody uncomfortable. Get a good quality airbed and you should have a good compromise between comfort and ease of storage.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will be looking into getting some better quality air mattress for now