Preparing Jeep Gladiator suspension for 1013 lb popup?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Preparing Jeep Gladiator suspension for 1013 lb popup??

Jared McDaniel

Hey all, I'm Jared and I've just signed up here with a couple questions. My other one is that I'm thinking about installing a Overland Expedition popup: https://overlandex.com/camp-m/ on my '21 Gladiator. This thing weighs in at 1013lbs dry. I would like to plan for another 500lbs or so. What is the best course of action for beefing up my suspension for this weight?

I like the look of that camper, but my only concern, being a Jeep guy is that this mounted on your Jeep will cause it to be very top heavy. These things don't exactly handle great to start, this will only compound that in the wrong directly.

That said, if you are driven to add this, yes I would tighten up all your suspension - shocks, and springs

Thanks everyone. I'm currently looking to see what other options are on the market. I've spoken to some mechanics and it's split down the center here. Some are saying just beef up the suspension and I'll be good. Others are like, the truck will be so unstable on the road even with the suspension upgrades.