Pittman Outdoors vs iKamper Skycamp 3.0 Hard Shell Rooftop Tent | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Pittman Outdoors vs iKamper Skycamp 3.0 Hard Shell Rooftop Tent

Brooks

Let me get your opinion, which of these would you go with? I've been looking around at getting a bed rack for my gladiator, then getting a roof top tent. I had been looking at the iKamper Skycamp 2.0, then I heard they were releasing at 3.0. But I haven't been able to get a date on this and I'm growing impatient. I just found this Pittman Outdoors one, that looks promising, and I like the lighter colors. But I've not heard of this brand before. Any of you?

I don't know mate, the Pittman website looks a bit "cheap" ikamper is one of the best brands out there, why not just buy the Skycap 2 if you want something right now?

Yeah, never heard of Pittman, and just Googled them and their site does look a bit dated. iKamper would have to be my recommendations.

I can't see any reason why you wouldn't go with IKamper even if it is an older model mate. They have been used by a lot of people and have their quality and customer support are proven!

Have you seen the new iKamper 3.0 series? Why would anyone not buy one of those damn things. They crushed it, just wondering why the delay to US market.

Seriously? No comparison IMHO. iKamper 3.0 is one of the best tents made. Never heard of this Pittman one. I wouldn't gamble on something this pricey.

Sorry, but I'm not feeling that Pittman at all, it looks BIG. Not in a good way. It looks bloated. I would go with the iKamper. But not much is out for timing there. I would wait though.