Overland-ish Basecamp tent | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Overland-ish Basecamp tent

Foreman

So I have been looking at one of these tents and think have watched the guy from this site talking about the one he has. Have any of you tried using one of these in rain or snow? Would really like to know specifically on snow, how does the roof hold up?

I can't imagine much more than 4-6" of snow on the top of that before it starts becoming a problem. Only because that roof pops down to store it away. Perhaps you could use a broom stick in the center if you going to be in heavy snow and just every so often pop the snow off it. You should send 'Alex' (the person you saw) a message in the contact us form on bottom of this site.

Any sort of popup tent will need additional support in snow conditions. Just a design thing. Get a paint extension poll and prop up in the center of the tent.

I can't imagine much more than 4-6" of snow on the top of that before it starts becoming a problem. Only because that roof pops down to store it away. Perhaps you could use a broom stick in the center if you going to be in heavy snow and just every so often pop the snow off it. You should send 'Alex' (the person you saw) a message in the contact us form on bottom of this site.

If powder, it will hold more than 4-6", these roofs snap hard into place. Still would use stake in center if heavy wet snow or more.

You all keep in mind, this tent isn't waterproof till you put the rain fly thing over the top. Something to keep in mind rain or snow.

Well they have a rain cover you need to put over the top, which personally I'm not a fan of. I wish these tents had a stove jack, but then this would be tough because of the material they used isn't waterproof. The chimney would certainly burn the heck out of the rainfly they send with these.