Name a place you have camped AND would never go back to? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Name a place you have camped AND would never go back to?

GunRunner

We camped at Salton Sea last year. Not sure how we missed two important clues about this area:

1. it stinks (really bad)
2. there is a lot of sketchy people walking around

What about you? Any places you have been that you would never go back to camp again?

Easy, it was up towards Minnesota and Wisconsin border, at a place called Wyalusing State Park. The wind was horrible and when the wind died down, it thickest most dense mosquitos I have ever experienced! It was so bad that nearly half the camp left during the middle of the night because the mosquitos were getting into everywhere. The only safe spot was in your truck, but if you opened the door for any reason, you were guaranteed to have a bunch inside till you killed them.

hmmmm, good question. Honestly can't of a spot that was so bad that I would NOT go back again.

We camped at Salton Sea last year. Not sure how we missed two important clues about this area:

1. it stinks (really bad)
2. there is a lot of sketchy people walking around

What about you? Any places you have been that you would never go back to camp again?

For me its any pubic camp ground that's not real remote.

If you want good camping spots in that area, let me know. Ocotillo and Anza Borrego are popular so you will always see people driving around but you can still camp without being near people.