Mr Heater Buddy heater used in tent overnight | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Mr Heater Buddy heater used in tent overnight

Night Owl

I recently purchased a Mr Buddy heater and used it for the first time last weekend our tent. Now the instructions on this thing advised against leaving it on while sleeping, due to the risk of it tipping over. Therefore, I only used it shortly before bedtime (about 2 hours) to heat the tent for changing before sleep and again in the morning. It was so cold during the night!

Does anyone here have experience with running it all night?

I use to tie mine up off the floor in my RTT so I wouldn't kick it over while I slept. tents have good airflow so I didn't worry about it eating all the oxygen.

If you don't have good flow of steady air coming in and safe place to keep it standing, don't run it over night. Way to many horror stories.

No, to much of a fan of these heaters. I get a headache when I use it and before anyone says anything, windows are open.

Hey, totally get the struggle with keeping warm and the concerns about using a Mr. Buddy heater overnight. Safety first, always! Using it just before bed and in the morning is smart. Running it all night can be risky due to carbon monoxide and the tipping hazard. Some folks use insulated sleeping bags or layer up to tackle the cold. Maybe consider a battery-operated tent heater for continuous heat without the risks? Stay warm and safe out there!

If you have well ventilated tent, you'll be fine. But ton of open air is a must.