Lifestyle Overland moves from Turtleback | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Lifestyle Overland moves from Turtleback

They've really stepped up on the features. Its a bit heavy for me but over all they did a great job there.

He mentioned something when he was describing the frame and suspension. He said the aluminum frame was reinforced and riveted together using plates. He stated this was to prevent fatigue and cracking over time and that he had seen that in the other aluminum trailer frames. When I was researching trailers before I built mine, this was a concern I had. His statement unfortunately proves what I thought.

The independent suspension features a moderately long arm, shock and limit strap. Those items make this a good dirt suspension and one of the very few I've seen.
He also stated they matched the pieces to the trailer. This something I have seen few manufactures do and is why I tend to speak out against some of the more popular suspensions. Most off road trailer suspensions are way too stiff. This will not just cause bouncing but will fatigue the chassis over time. Again, his comment on the aluminum frame issues confirms this.

The kitchen features rock. I love the way the stove compartment door is storage and the way the wind screen attaches. The 270 OVS awing is something I will be adding to mine (been on the list for a bit).

If I was in the market for a new trailer and I had that much extra money. I would be looking at these a bit more closely.

They've really stepped up on the features. Its a bit heavy for me but over all they did a great job there.

He mentioned something when he was describing the frame and suspension. He said the aluminum frame was reinforced and riveted together using plates. He stated this was to prevent fatigue and cracking over time and that he had seen that in the other aluminum trailer frames. When I was researching trailers before I built mine, this was a concern I had. His statement unfortunately proves what I thought.

The independent suspension features a moderately long arm, shock and limit strap. Those items make this a good dirt suspension and one of the very few I've seen.
He also stated they matched the pieces to the trailer. This something I have seen few manufactures do and is why I tend to speak out against some of the more popular suspensions. Most off road trailer suspensions are way too stiff. This will not just cause bouncing but will fatigue the chassis over time. Again, his comment on the aluminum frame issues confirms this.

The kitchen features rock. I love the way the stove compartment door is storage and the way the wind screen attaches. The 270 OVS awing is something I will be adding to mine (been on the list for a bit).

If I was in the market for a new trailer and I had that much extra money. I would be looking at these a bit more closely.

So are you saying what they have done with the frame on this trailer is a good thing? Regarding them jumping ship from Turtleback, IMHO, some of their language/comments suggest they were not happy with their old set up or that it had shortcomings.

Yes
The biggest issues i see with off road trailers is the suspension doesn't work for off road properly. If the suspension is not proper, the frame will flex more than it should.
If you design the frame properly, this is not an issue. If not, the frame will crack, normally by the welds. This is normally because some areas areas of the frame will flex while others are ridged.
By bolting the sections together, they allow the frame to flex evenly. This spreads the stress across the frame and doesn't localize it to a section.

One of my buddies wants me to upgrade his axle. His frame is aluminum.
Everything I do will be bolted.

+1 the new trailer has much more bells and whistles. I guess we'll see what happens over time on this one.

That trailer looks BULKY, I'm curious how they will feel about it fast forward a year from now.

The answer to this question is what I cant find. I've talked to a bunch of people when they bought their trailers but most either sold them or don't use them any more.

I only have one trailer, over a year old (beside mine) that I get to see. It is a poorly designed teardrop. I don't know how much off road time it has because it was bought used. The cabinets are loose and cracking around the screws. My buddy has only taken it out three times.

I really want to see one of these 30k-50k trailers after 4-5 years of offroad use

They have been sending out email promotions that's for sure. I wonder what all this has done to brand confidence. Will be interesting to see what they do.