How to remove mirrors from Jeep Gladiator doors? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How to remove mirrors from Jeep Gladiator doors?

Ken S

Actually, I’m guessing I need to take doors apart and likely there are nuts on the inside of the door. Correct me if I’m wrong. But what I would like to know before cracking these doors open, is if there are any special tools needed for this?

Hey there, pretty easy, here you go:

Step 1: Gather your tools You're gonna need a T40 Torx bit, a ratchet wrench, and some sweet tunes to jam to while you work (I recommend "Life is a Highway" for some on-the-nose motivation). Safety glasses are also a good idea, because who doesn't want to look like a cool scientist while taking off mirrors? 😎

Step 2: Roll down the windows Before we start, you'll want to roll down your windows. This isn't really for any technical reason, it just makes it feel like you're having a blast on a road trip while you work. Ah, the wind in your hair… 🌬️

Step 3: Door panel disassembly party! Open up the door and locate the three sneaky T40 Torx screws hiding behind the mirror. They might be shy, but we'll coax them out. Give them a little twist with your T40 Torx bit and ratchet wrench, and watch as they dance their way out of the door panel. Don't forget to keep track of these groovy little guys, you'll need them later!

Step 4: Bye-bye, mirror! With those screws out, your mirror is ready to hit the road. Gently wiggle it free, like it's doing the cha-cha, and voila! You've liberated your Jeep from its reflective shackles. 🕺

Step 5: Store the mirror (or throw it over your shoulder for luck) Now that the mirror is free, store it safely or toss it over your shoulder for some good luck. Just kidding! Don't actually throw it, we don't want any bad luck or, you know, broken mirrors. 😅