Campers and those leaving trash on the ground | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Campers and those leaving trash on the ground

Travis

We went for a quick camping trip yesterday. The spot that we stayed at, there was plastic garbage all around the designated fire pit and all in a few bushes. As if people tried to conceal their trash by disposing in these bushes. When we came home, no joke, we had a LARGE black trash bag that was full from the trash we picked up. Technically the second bag had some trash from others in it as well.

Just voicing my annoyance.

Sad world we living in. Many who started overlanding when the pandemic started, which is when I personally noticed a lot more trash being left behind myself, are the ones responsible for this. They just don't get it. They live assuming others will always pick up after them, and they can do what they want. Crappy outlook.

Totally agree.
One of the desert campgrounds out became a collage party spot when the government shut everything down during Covid. No one to take out trash or supervise, they just left huge piles of trash.
Lately, the number of people camping in my area has dropped. Hopefully those types will flitter off to the next fad.

It's been getting worse and worse. I hear you, this is a big problem. Wish people would just smarten up.

I've noticed up in Big Bear that in recent years there has been a lot more trash around spots. Last time I was at Yellow Post 7, which has always been one of my favorite spots up there, was horribly littered with toilet paper all over the place of people doing their business and not disposing of things properly. It looks very trashy and makes you want to stay close to camp when it's dark. This is the decay of our spots because of these sort of people. 3 or even 2 years ago, this spot was spotless.

Good to know I'm not the only one that gets upset about this. Now if we can only get others to change.

When we get to a new site, once camp is set up, we walk around and will pick up any trash we find. Some places are clean already, while there have been a few that were pretty bad. If we all work together we can keep things under control.