Bad dog tools? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Bad dog tools?

For what it is, its not too badly priced. I prefer cobalts because of their strength and the fact I can easily sharpen them. I don't like the flute (shaft twist) on those bits. Ive had issues "untwisting" with that design. The tip appears to be welded on the the shank which tells me they probably used a diffrent metal for the drill body. That is either good or bad. The description of the metal is not something I've seen. Evidently the tips are made of a combo of several metals.
"The tip is a revolutionary mix of carbide, titanium, and cobalt"
Individually, each of those metals is a specialty. Titanium bits are great but you cant sharpen them. As I said, I prefer cobalt due to the types of metal I work with.

The nice part is you can have them sharpened for life. FYI, I sharpen my bits frequently. I would be sending those bits out no less then every other month. On a big project with thicker metal, easily weekly. Another nice thing is they give you up to 1". For me, anything near or over 5/8 is cut with a boring bit, its sort of a precision hole saw. I do that because over 1/2" the hole starts to wallow a bit unless your using a mill.
My advice is buy a set of either cobalt's or carbides. Don't buy titanium's. learn how to sharpen or by a drill doctor.