Are you currently using Ride Dog? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Are you currently using Ride Dog?

Jeep4Life

Just heard about this anti theft took called Ride Dog. Sounds interesting, just wondering how well does it actually work?

Good idea, my neighbors brother just had his polaris rzr stolen last November. Crummy situation, he just bought it and there wasn't insurance on it yet. So that was a nasty ouch.

Its cellular GPS tracking. You get a 12 month contract when you sign up. After that its monthly. If your battery gets disconnected, the unit sends you a text, informing you. This is how the old Lojack systems worked. The difference being, Lojack had a small battery attached in the event power was interrupted, this does not. The signal is very low power and is easily blocked if they know you have it. I would not put a sticker on advertising it.

The good here is you know where your vehicle went. The bad is, based on local laws, the police may not be able to help you. Different states have diffrent laws regarding this and I have no knowledge outside of what I stated here.
If you break into someone's home to retrieve your property, you are now the bad guy. My experience here is helping friends retrieve their stolen vehicles.

Personally, I don't think it's a bad thing to have. Just don't advertise it and most of all, don't let it think your Item is secure.

It doesn't work. The transmitter is also low power. That means no connection in low bar areas also.