Are Skottles worth the $$ | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Are Skottles worth the $$

Ryan Frost Outdoors

Nearly $400 for a juiced up griddle is a lot of cash for one of these Tembo Tusk grills, do you feel these are worth the price of admission?

I've had mine for a bit now, and absolutely enjoy using this thing. It's my main means of cooking when camping. Yeah price tag is up there, but it's well made and aside from the grease, looks and performs as it did when I first bought it.

Or look at these
Discada Disk only I believe. Burners are on a diffrent page or build your own.

If you can weld, this is how most start.
Plow disk or a small one Plow Disk
The discs come in diffrent sizes, prices and grades of steel.

Plow disk griddles have been around forever. You could put together your own pretty cheap. Tembo Tusk grabbed the idea and marketed it well. I saw my first "Skottle" at a small event over a dozen years ago. I don't remember if he was selling them yet but, they were a big hit.
As for how they work. As Tucker mentioned their great. I don't own one but a number of my buddies do.

I see these all over the place, how are you cleaning these? When those legs are attached and burner under, it seems a bit 'big' to go dipping into a sink to wash.

Hey thanks folks. I ended up ordering one and have used it twice. It’s nice. I like it. Still need to master cleaning the thing. Also how many times are you all seasoning your Skottle?