Amazon shipped me ARB compressor that was used and missing parts! | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Amazon shipped me ARB compressor that was used and missing parts!

Steve Messer

I'm a bit annoyed. I just ordered and received today my ARB twin compressor from Amazon. This thing wasn't cheap, over $700 for it! And this was going to be my project for the weekend. I opened up the box and first off no instructions and clearly an open box. Add to that, there is so much missing!!!

Amazon reps are morons and stated they will refund my account and for me to drop off at UPS. I was trying to get them to just send me the parts or complete kit. So annoyed.

(end of rant)

Gawd.
The last few of my packages were dropped off at my neighbors houses and theirs to me. The one last weekend, I was in my garage, had a package coming. The guy shows up and hands me one of my neighbors and not mine. I hand it back, he looks at it, scans it again and says, "the address is for the house across the street but the scan says it goes here". He goes to his truck and spends close to 30 mins rummaging around. Finds my package and says, "here is yours but the scan doesn't work". I get my package, he delivered the one across the street and all was good.
Seriously Amazon

Well they have done that here as well. Twice in the last 6 months if I'm being exact. FedEx and UPS not really better here either.

Amazon has been outsourcing more and more overseas. The days of higher quality are slipping.

I've always wondered about mounting compressors under your hot a$$ engine hood. Doesn't that mess with the compressors? Make them less effective over time?

I've always wondered about mounting compressors under your hot a$$ engine hood. Doesn't that mess with the compressors? Make them less effective over time?

They are supposed to be designed to handle the heat, when you think about it heat is the bi product of a compressor.

Shipped from Amazon directly right? This has happened to me before. Amazon get's returns and sometimes, they will restock item into inventory that heads back out. They sell 'open box' on their site, so I'm guessing what you bought should have been in their 'open box' inventory.

Amazon needs to get their head out of their butt, I've had horrible luck with them over the last few years. Hopefully you got that squared away.