Alu Cab Canopy camper | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Alu Cab Canopy camper

Kyle Martin

Sorry admin if this post is in the wrong spot, I'm not sure if the alu cab canopy camper is a roof top tent, I think it might be? Anyway I wanted to check with peeps here if they have installed one of these Alu Cab canopy campers and what they had to do to their truck suspension to accommodate the weight. I really like the idea that you can utilize the trucks bed as living space that moves into the tent.

Now, that said. Are there any other companies that make this sort of camper that is worth looking at?

Appreciate the help.

Kyle

Well these guys have both rooftop tents and they have the complete campers that go on the back of your truck bed creating an completely enclosed living space.

Like their product, but have no need (Tahoe owner). I will say this is going to add a bit of weight, the safe bet would be to beef up your suspension and add some bump stops to remove ass dipping of your truck with all that weight.

For me, the weight is the problem and I don't have high enough garage to store my truck in with something like this. Have any of you seen one in person? I was out at Overland West and they had booth there were you could climb in one. Super slick, wish it didn't weigh a grip and having would prevent being able to store truck in my garage.